B3 Benchmarking makes it easy to reliably track all building types – not just some.
We created B3 to help you quickly and easily understand both how a building is performing currently, and how it could – and should – be performing given its size, use, and location.
Knowing how efficiently your buildings are using energy allows you to prioritize deferred maintenance and energy improvement projects.
Who’s Using B3
With more than 300 million square feet in its database, B3 currently contains over 12,000 public buildings.
- 22 state agencies
- 410 cities
- 55 counties
- 60 college campuses
- 214 school districts
“We use B3 Benchmarking to pinpoint problem buildings and fix issues before they turn into large problems.”
B3 makes it easy for you to understand where the greatest potentials for energy improvement and maximum ROI are. Using only monthly utility billing data and some basic information about your building, B3 creates actionable reports for you.
Compare building energy performance against current
- Compare building energy performance against relevant peers
- Determine the best candidates for improvement and investment
- Prioritize energy improvement projects for each building
- Verify improvements, manage energy performance
Integrated with ENERGY STAR®
B3 creates your ENERGY STAR accounts and retrieves your ratings. B3 shows benchmark, B3 peer rating, and a weather-adjusted comparison to your own building over time. Any building data you enter in B3 is automatically shared in your ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
What’s Happening in B3 Benchmarking
- Iowa B3 Public Building Energy Benchmarking Webinar March 31Event Info
- USGBC Publishes Rob Morrow’s Blog Post on how to Track, Manage and Improve with B3 BenchmarkingRead the Blog Article
- The Weidt Group has launched a three-year Clinton Global Initiative America Commitment to Action to increase energy efficiency in higher educationRead the Article
- Minnesota B3/SB 2030 finalist for 2015 Environmental Initiative Energy and Climate AwardRead the Press Release